Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Find JOY In It!

I awoke this morning singing, “Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord, as we wait upon the Lord”. I wasn’t sure why, as I think I was just as tired when I woke as I was when I went to sleep. Reached over grabbed my phone for my daily bible reading and the scripture that jumped out to me was, “I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.” Yes, I shook my head, lately I have seen trials and sorrows and was glad for the reminder that Jesus has overcome, so can I with His help. I moved into the kitchen for a quick bite to eat, and what do I find in Twitter?

What? Not only am I told this morning that my strength will rise when I wait, I’m told I will have trials and sorrow and I must find JOY IN IT? So am I suppose to jump up an down and shout that I have trouble and trials? I think instead I will just sing, “Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord, as we wait upon the Lord”. Some days, minutes or hours I may sing it louder to remind myself. So, I searched through the scriptures for Joy today and found this blessing that I am praying over me and each of you.
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13.

No comments:

Post a Comment