Monday, September 13, 2010

Future King Gone Wild!


About a week ago I was sitting on the bed reading my bible, when I suddenly began to laugh out loud at the story I was reading. My daily reading plan has me reading about David, and I am often tickled at David’s stories but this one really made me laugh out loud. I have to share.....
1Samuel 21:10-15
So David escaped from Saul and went to King Achish of Gath. But the officers of Achish were unhappy about his being there. “Isn’t this David, the king of the land?” they asked. “Isn’t he the one the people honor with dances, singing,
‘Saul has killed his thousands,
and David his ten thousands’?”
David heard these comments and was very afraid of what King Achish of Gath might do to him. So he pretended to be insane, scratching on doors and drooling down his beard.
Finally, King Achish said to his men, “Must you bring me a madman? We already have enough of them around here! Why should I let someone like this be my guest?”
Can you picture the drool running down his beard and him scratching at the doors? It struck me that here was a guy, an anointed a king none the less, who because of his fear he resorts to acting like a madman. I can just imagine what our media today would do with this story, “Future King Gone Wild” or “Madman or King?”. I got very tickled.
Why was this Anointed King so afraid of the words being spoken about him? Wasn’t he told he would be the King of Israel? Where was his faith?
God then began to speak to my heart. We do this so often. God tells us to not fear. He tells us He will take care of us. When we accepted Christ into our lives as our Savior, we were anointed as Heirs with Christ. Yet, when we hear people talk about us, or we get overlooked for that job we wanted, or that relationship didn’t work out like we wanted, we begin to act like madmen(women). We run and hide, we cry our eyes out, slobber runs down our faces and we act like wild people scratching on anything in our way. David did it as a distraction because of his fear of death and lack of faith. Why do we? Is it simply our lack of faith?
Ouch! Needless to say I quit laughing and began praying. I prayed that I would not act like a madwoman when I don’t get my way or when I become fearful. I prayed that my faith would grow strong and that I would trust God with the big and little details of my life. I prayed over you too Sisters. May you have supernatural faith that takes the “madwoman” out of you.
Be blessed!!

1 comment:

  1. I think I have surely been acting like a madwoman lately! Thank you for sharing! I def needed the reminder!

    ReplyDelete