Monday, December 8, 2008

Charlie Bit Me

I came across this video again and still think it is funny.  Watching these two boys laugh really makes me laugh out loud.  I began to think about how often we will sometimes do something that we know will inflict pain, just because we are getting approval from those around us.  We continue down that road again and again until we can no longer stand it.  Then even after we remove ourselves and blame others, we are still left with the pain. 

I watched many young people grieve over the last week for the loss of a friend that they partied with.  They loved him, and wanted to be his friend.  As I observed them, I couldn't help but wonder how many were making choices to follow a path that is causing them pain, just to get that approval.  Sure it's fun when it starts, but after you are there for a while, your finger is stuck and the pain can become unbearable.  

Father, help us to see the danger before we are in over our heads.  Help us to be careful in finding joy in the wrong things and to live upright before you.

No comments:

Post a Comment